Loosely adapted from this recipe
- 11/2 cups black berries
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup 1% milk
- 2/3 cup garbanzo bean flour
- 1/4 evaporated cane juice sugar
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly butter or use a non-stick spray on a 9-inch pie dish.
- Toss blackberries in the cornstarch and pour into the pie dish.
- Mix the eggs and egg white, milk, garbanzo bean flour, sugar, almond extract and salt until smooth.
- Gently pour the batter over the berries.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until puffed and golden-brown. Serve warm with whipped cream.
Recipe and photo© a for aubergine
Choose between these two recipes:
Homemade Whipped Cream*
1 tsp. vanilla
Homemade Whipped Cream
- Pour the heavy cream into a large metal bowl with crushed ice under the bowl
- Add about 1/3 c. of sugar and a pinch of salt. (Note: Adding more sugar will help thicken the mixture. However, don’t add 3/4c or more; that’s too much.)
- Whip the mixture together for approx. 5 minutes or until soft peaks form.
- Cool in the refrigerator and enjoy!