from Julia’s Kitchen Wisdom: Essential Techniques and Recipes from a Lifetime of Cooking
Yield: about twenty 5-inch crepes or ten 8-inch crepes.
- 1 cup flour
- 2/3 cup cold milk
- 2/3 cup cold water
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons melted butter, plus more for brushing on pan
- Mix all ingredients until smooth in a blender or with a whisk. Refrigerate for approximately a half hour.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Brush with melted butter.
- Pour in 2 to 3 tablespoons of batter into the center of the pan and then tilt the pan in all directions to cover the bottom evenly. Cook about 1 minute, or until browned on the bottom. Turn and cook briefly on the other side.
- Cool on a rack or plate as you finish making the rest. Serve as desired.
If you are not using them right away, cool the crêpes thoroughly, stack and refrigerate for two days, or freeze them for several weeks.