Yield: 15-20 Servings, Makes 2-layer 8″cake
- 2 cups organic cannellini beans, drained
- 6 organic, free range eggs
- 3/4 tsp. vanilla liquid stevia
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/3 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
Optional: Freeze-dried strawberries
Preheat oven to 325F.
- Add beans, eggs, stevia, vanilla and honey to Vitamix or blender and blend.
- Add coconut oil, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt, and blend.
- Add freeze dried strawberries if desired and stir.
- Pour into two greased 8″ cake pans lined with unbleached parchment paper.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 25-30 minutes.
- Cake is done when a toothpick or knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
* Note, if you’re using a larger pan (e.g. 9″ or 10″) double the recipe.
* If you’re making cupcakes, start checking after about 22 minutes.
Organic Strawberry Fruit Spread (or other flavor – sweetened with apple juice only)
Organic strawberries (washed, dried & sliced thinly)
See assembly below.
- 1 cup vegan butter replacements
- 3-4 cups organic powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. organic vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Beet juice or other natural red food dye
- Cream vegan butter subistute in a bowl using a hand mixer or electric mixer.
- Add vanilla.
- Gradually add sugar, about a cup at a time, until mixed well and has a frosting-like consistency. If it’s too soft, add more sugar. If it’s too thick, add a touch of almond milk to thin it out.
- Add desired amount of natural food dye and mix well.
To Assemble the cake:
- Place one layer on your plate and cover it with strawberry fruit preserve.
- Arrange thinly sliced strawberries on top, all over entire cake.
- Place second layer on top.
- Trim outside edge and top of cake, exposing the lighter-colored interior.
- Apply a thin layer of frosting, to cover the exposed cake.
See more Gluten-Free recipes by clicking HERE.