Here is just one of Martha Stewart’s lasagna recipes as featured in Classic Cheese Lasagna recipe from Martha Stewart Living, October 2008.
- Photo by Martha Stewart Living
Yield: 8 Servings
- 1 pound whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella
- Fresh Lasagna Noodles, cut into 4-by-13-inch strips and cooked, or store-bought dried noodles, cooked
- 5 ounces coarsely grated Parmesan cheese, (about 1 3/4 cups)
- Preheat oven to 375. Combine ricotta, egg, nutmeg, and salt in a medium bowl. Season with pepper. Coarsely grate 1/2 of the mozzarella, and stir into ricotta mixture. Using your fingers, shred remaining mozzarella into 2-inch strips, and reserve.
- Spread 1/2 cup marinara in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Place a layer of noodles over marinara. Spread 1/3 of the ricotta mixture over noodles, and sprinkle with 1/3 of the Parmesan. Place a layer of noodles over the cheese layer. Spread 1 cup marinara over noodles. Repeat layering (noodles, marinara, noodles, ricotta mixture, Parmesan) 2 more times. Spread remaining marinara over cheese layer, then sprinkle with shredded mozzarella
- Place baking dish on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until cheese is golden brown and sauce is bubbling, 45 to 50 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
from all recipes.com
Photo by All Recipes.com
Yield: 12 Servings
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 1 1/2c. milk
- 4 c. shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 c. grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 c. ricotta cheese
- 2 c. cubed, cooked chicken
- 2 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 TBsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, and rinse with cold water.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion and garlic in the butter until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in the flour and salt, and simmer until bubbly. Mix in the broth and milk, and boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Stir in 2 cups mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Season with the basil, oregano, and ground black pepper. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Spread 1/3 of the sauce mixture in the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Layer with 1/3 of the noodles, the ricotta, and the chicken. Arrange 1/3 of the noodles over the chicken, and layer with 1/3 of the sauce mixture, spinach, and the remaining 2 cups mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Arrange remaining noodles over cheese, and spread remaining sauce evenly over noodles. Sprinkle with parsley and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
Bake 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven.