Yield: 6 Servings
Slow Cook: 10 to 12 hours (low) or 5 to 6 hours (high)
- 2 pound boneless beef chuck pot roast
- 15 ounce can chili beans in chili gravy
- 11 ounce can whole kernel corn with sweet peppers, drained
- 10 ounce can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 teaspoons finely chopped canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- Trim fat from meat. If necessary, cut meat to fit into a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Place meat in the cooker. In a medium bowl combine chili beans in gravy, corn, tomatoes and chiles, and chipotle pepper. Pour mixture over meat.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or on high-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours.
- Transfer meat to a cutting board. Slice meat; arrange in a shallow serving dish. Using a slotted spoon, spoon bean mixture over meat. Drizzle with enough of the cooking liquid to moisten.
Per serving: 307 kcal cal., 7 g fat (2 g sat. fat, 89 mg chol., 655 mg sodium, 23 g carb., 5 g fiber, 37 g pro.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet