- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
- 1 cup Pure Pumpkin puree, not pie filling
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon milk (not nonfat), plus more as needed
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until well blended. Beat in pumpkin, egg and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Gradually stir in flour mixture. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are firm.
- Remove cookie sheets from oven and let the cookies cool on the sheets for 3 minutes. Using a flat spatula, transfer the cookies to the wire racks to cool completely.
- When all of the cookies are baked, set the pieces of parchment paper aside for the glaze drizzle.
For the glaze:
- Place all of the ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until evenly combined. (You may need to add more milk by the 1/2 teaspoon if the glaze is too thick to drizzle.)
- Place all of the cooled cookies on the reserved parchment sheets. Dip a fork into the glaze and drizzle it over the cookies in a zigzag pattern.
- Let the cookies sit at room temperature until the glaze has set, about 20 minutes.