Ooooooh, spooky! Delight little goblins and float a ghost-shape marshmallow on this hot white chocolate drink.
Yield: 6 ounces or 5 Servings
- 1 orange
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2/3 cup vanilla-flavored baking pieces or vanilla-flavored candy coating
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla Whipped cream (optional)
- Ground nutmeg (optional)
- Purchased marshmallow ghosts (like Peeps®)
- Remove peel of orange with vegetable peeler; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan combine 1/4 cup of the milk, the vanilla-flavored baking pieces, orange peel, and nutmeg; whisk over low heat until baking pieces are melted. Remove orange peel. Whisk in remaining milk and heat through. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla.
- Serve warm in mugs. Add a marshmallow ghost, dollop with whipped cream, and sprinkle with nutmeg, if desired.
Nutrition Facts (Haunting Hot Chocolate)
Per serving: 221 kcal cal., 12 g fat (9 g sat. fat, 20 mg chol., 72 mg sodium, 22 g carb., 5 g pro. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet