This Halloween, learn how to bake pumpkin seeds in the oven for a special post-pumpkin-carving treat. When you sit down to make your jack-o-lanterns, save the seeds you clean out of your pumpkins to roast later. Baking pumpkin seeds is easy and makes for a yummy, healthy snack during the autumn months.
Here’s everything you need to know about how to bake pumpkin seeds:
Pumpkin Seed Recipe
- Pumpkin seeds
- Olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Clean your pumpkin seeds under cool water. Make sure there is no excess pulp left on them from the pumpkin. Then set them on paper towels to fully dry.
- Spray your baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray or coat with a thin layer of olive oil.
- Spread your clean, dry pumpkin seeds on the baking sheet evenly. Coat them with a tablespoon of olive oil and toss to make sure they are covered evenly.
- Sprinkle the pumpkin seeds with salt. Tip: If you want your seeds to be extra salty, boil them in salted water for ten minutes. Drain and dry; then bake.
- Bake the pumpkin seeds in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown. Make sure to stir or toss the pumpkin seeds every 10 minutes.
- Allow the seeds to cool before you begin your snacking!
If you’d like to get creative with this recipe for baking pumpkin seeds, mix it up by trying different spices.
For a sweet twist on your roasted pumpkin seeds, use cinnamon and sugar or nutmeg instead of salt. Alternatively, you can drizzle honey on the warm roasted seeds when they are done baking.
For a spicy kick, add curry powder or cumin in addition to the salt before baking. Garlic-lovers will enjoy topping the pumpkin seeds with a little garlic powder before roasting.
Enjoy your tasty Halloween pumpkin seed snack!