Yield: 6 cups or 96 Servings
- 6 cups white wine vinegar
- 1 package (12 oz.) fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- 3 medium oranges, sectioned and chopped
- In a large saucepan, heat vinegar to just below the boiling point. In a large bowl, lightly mash the cranberries and oranges; add heated vinegar. Cover and let stand in a cool dark place for 10 days.
- Strain mixture through a cheesecloth and discard pulp. Pour into sterilized jars or decorative bottles. Seal tightly. Store in a cool dark place.
1 tablespoon equals 9 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Orange Vinegar in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p129
Orange Cranberry Vinaigrette
Yield: 1-1/4 cups or 10 Servings
- 1/2 cup Cranberry Orange Vinegar or raspberry vinegar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
In a blender, combine the first six ingredients. Cover and process for 1 minute. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Stir in poppy seeds. Store in the refrigerator.
2 tablespoons equals 120 calories, 11 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 119 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Orange Vinaigrette in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p129