Easy country recipes like Amish Apple Bread are a classic on the farm and on the dinner table. Made with only fresh ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry, this easy homemade bread recipe is great for breakfast or dessert. Put on your favorite jelly or butter and enjoy a slice right out of the oven. Amish Apple Bread is a versatile dish. You can make it for no occasion at all, but you can also make it for the holidays. Serve it with dinner or gift it as a hostess gift.
- 1 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups diced apples
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Combine and set aside the oil, eggs, sugar, and vanilla. Sift flour, cinnamon, soda, and salt. Add dry ingredients to oil mixture gradually. Add apples and nuts.
- Bake in 2 regular loaf pans or 3 foil loaf pans for 1 1/2 hours.
- Cool 10 minutes in the pan. Sprinkle with sugar.