Yield: 8 Servings
- 2 cups cauliflowerets
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, skin and bones removed
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine cauliflower and water. Microwave, covered, on high for 4-5 minutes or until tender, stirring once.
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add celery and green onions; cook and stir until tender. Stir in flour, salt and dill until blended; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in salmon, peas and cauliflower; heat through. Stir in cheeses until melted. Serve immediately.
Originally published as Salmon Chowder in Taste of Home April/May 2004, p22