Yield: 8 Servings
- 2 pounds boneless pork sirloin roast
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried minced garlic
- 3 cups root beer, divided
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 8 kaiser rolls, split
- Place roast in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add the onion, garlic and 1 cup root beer. Cover and cook on low for 9-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- In a small saucepan, combine the chili sauce, hot pepper sauce and remaining root beer. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove meat from slow cooker; cool slightly. Discard cooking juices. Shred pork with two forks and return to slow cooker. Stir in barbecue sauce. Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve on rolls.
Originally published as Pork Sandwiches with Root Beer Barbecue Sauce in Simple & Delicious