Yield: 8 Servings
- 4 large sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle potatoes with garlic salt and pepper.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until tender, turning once. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, yogurt and seasonings. Serve with sweet potatoes.
Originally published as Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges in Tailgating 2013 2013, p57
Yield: 16 servings
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Chips
- Frosting (optional)
- Ice cream (optional)
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line two 9-inch round baking pans with foil.
2. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add egg; beat well. Stir together flour and baking soda; add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Stir in milk chocolate chips. Spread half of batter into each prepared pan, spreading to 1-inch from edge. (Cookies will spread to edge when baking.)
3. Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely; carefully lift cookies from pan and remove foil. Frost, if desired. Cut each cookie into 8 wedges; serve topped with scoop of ice cream, if desired.