Yield: 4 cups
- 1/2 cup nonhydrogenated shortening
- 1/2 cup nonhydrogenated margarine
- 3-1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted if clumpy
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup plain soy milk or soy creamer
- Beat the shortening and margarine together until well combined and fluffy.
- Add the sugar and beat for about 3 more minutes.
- Add the vanilla and soy milk, and beat for another 5 to 7 minutes until fluffy.
Cookies ‘n’ Cream Frosting: Stir in 1/2 cup (about 5 cookies; mash first, then measure) of finely mashed vegan chocolate cream-filled sandwich cookies, like Newman-O’s. Frost cupcakes generously, and top each cupcake with half of a sandwich cookie.