Similar to an Arnold Palmer, this refreshing drink combines two summer favorites—Southern Living – lemonade and iced tea. Turn this into a cocktail by adding bourbon or spiced dark rum.
Yield: Makes 8 cups
- 3 cups water
- 2 family-size tea bags
- 1 (1-oz.) package fresh mint leaves (about 1 cup loosely packed)
1/2 cup sugar
- 4 cups cold water
- 1 (6-oz.) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- Garnish: fresh citrus slices
1. Bring 3 cups water to a boil in a 2-qt. saucepan. Remove from heat, add tea bags, and stir in fresh mint. Cover and steep 10 minutes.
2. Remove and discard tea bags and mint. Stir in sugar until dissolved.
3. Pour tea into a 3-qt. container, and stir in 4 cups cold water and lemonade concentrate. Serve over ice. Garnish, if desired.
Bourbon-Lemonade Iced Tea: Prepare recipe as directed, and stir in 1 cup bourbon. Makes 9 cups.
Spiced Dark Rum-Lemonade Iced Tea: Prepare recipe as directed and stir in 1 cup spiced dark rum. Makes 9 cups.