Yield: 16 Servings
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 slices process American cheese
- 4 string cheese, cut in half lenthwise
- 1 jar (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- Unroll pizza dough and press onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Using a 1-in. star cookie cutter, cut eight stars from the American cheese. Cut each strip of string cheese in half lengthwise. Spread pizza sauce over crust.
- Arrange stars in the upper left corner. For stripes, arrange 15 pieces of string cheese over sauce (save remaining piece for another use). Bake 5-8 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Originally published as Fourth of July Pizza in Country Woman July/August 2001, p36