Yield: 10 servings
- 1 C graham cracker crumbs
- 2 1/2 Tbs softened butter
- 1 1/2 Tbs plus 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbs plus 1 C Baking Cocoa
- 2 1/2 lbs cream cheese, softened
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Zest from 1 orange
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbs all-purpose flour
- 5 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 1 C Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Butter the bottom of a large springform pan. To make the cake crust, mix cracker crumbs, butter, one and a half tablespoons of baking cocoa and one and a half tablespoons of sugar in a large bowl. Press the mixture onto the bottom of the pans and bake in the oven until browned to make crust. After pan cools, butter its sides.
- Lower oven temperature to 350º.
- To make cake filling, combine cream cheese, 1 and a half cups of sugar, the remaining cocoa, zests, and vanilla extract in a bowl, beating with a mixer until it becomes light and creamy. Thicken by mixing in flour, and then mixing in eggs and additional egg yolks. Finally, mix in sour cream until filling is smooth, then pour over the crust in the pan.
- Bake in oven for 1 1/2 hours. Then let cake cool and refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving, soften 1 C of chocolate chips in microwave, then ladle over cheesecake.