Instead of using regular ice cubes in your party punch, stay in the spirit of St. Patrick’s Day and prepare these cute clover cubes. They’re made with soda so they won’t dilute your beverage. They can be made weeks in advance and stored in the freezer. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Yield: 12 clover cubes
- 4 cups plus 2 tablespoons chilled lemon-lime soda, divided
- 12 lime slices
- Lime peel (about 6 inches)
- Pour 1/4 cup lemon-lime soda into 12 muffin cups; freeze until solid. On a work surface, cut lime slices into quarters. Rotate each quarter slice clockwise until one end of outer edge touches the center; place over frozen soda.
- To make a stem, cut the lime peel into 1/2-in. pieces. Place at one corner of clover. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Slowly pour remaining soda into cups until lime is almost covered. Freeze until solid.
Originally published as Floating Four-Leaf Clovers in Taste of Home’s Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p187