- 1½ c unsweetened soy milk
- 1½ Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 c white flour
- 2 c whole wheat flour
- ½ c sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp vegan margarine
- 1 c currants or raisins
- 1 tsp caraway seeds, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine soy milk and lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together flours, sugar, soda, and salt.
- With a pastry blender or two knives, cut butter into dry mixture.
- Create a well and pour in soy milk mixture and currants.
- On a lightly floured surface, gently knead just until the dough comes together, 10 or 12 turns. Do not overwork or you’ll end up with a tough mess!
- Shape into a disc about 1½” in height.
- Cut an “X” into the top with a serrated knife and bake on prepared sheet for 40-45 minutes.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by EasyRecipe