Yield: 8 Servings
- 2 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1-8 ounce can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup diced ham
- 1-2.8 ounce package cooked bacon pieces
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 hamburger buns or plain bagel thins
- Leaf lettuce (optional)
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced (optional)
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced (optional)
- In a very large bowl combine beef, blue cheese, onion, pineapple, ham, bacon pieces, pepper, and garlic powder; mix well. Shape meat mixture into eight 1-inch-thick patties.
- For a charcoal grill, place patties on the grill rack directly over medium coals. Grill, covered, for 12 to 14 minutes or until done (160 degrees F to 165 degrees F), turning once halfway through grilling.
- Top burgers with cheddar cheese. Continue to grill, covered, for 2 minutes more or until cheese is melted. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place patties on grill rack over heat. Cover; grill as directed.)
- Serve burgers on buns. If desired, top with lettuce, tomato, and onion.
Nutrition Facts (Hawaiian Burger)
Per serving: 596 kcal cal., 32 g fat (15 g sat. fat, 1 g polyunsaturated fat, 8 g monounsatured fat), 137 mg chol., 951 mg sodium, 27 g carb., 2 g fiber, 6 g sugar, 46 g pro. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet