Hamilton is a musical about the life of American Founding Father Alexander Hamilton, with music, lyrics and book by Lin-Manuel Miranda. The show, inspired by the 2004 biography Alexander Hamilton by historian Ron Chernow, achieved both critical acclaim and box office success.
1. Where was Alexander Hamilton born?
a. Puerto Rico
b. Nevis Island
d. Florida Keys
2. Which of the following versions of U.S. currency has Alexander Hamilton never appeared on?
a. $100 bill
b. $2 bill
c. $20 bill
d. $1,000 bill
3. Which of the following did Alexander Hamilton help create?
a. The United States Revenue Cutter Service
b. The United States Postal Service
c. The United States Marines
d. The Department of Defense
4. What was the name of the infamous location where Alexander Hamilton dueled with Aaron Burr?
a. The O.K. Corral
b. Dealey Plaza
d. Ford’s Theater
5. Where and when did the first recorded duel in America take place?
a. 1608 in Jamestown, Va.
b. 1804 in Weehawken, N.J.
c. 1775 in Philadelphia, Pa.
d. 1621 in Plymouth, Mass.
6. After Hamilton passed away, did dueling decline or increase in popularity?
a. Increased in popularity
7. Where are the Hamilton-Burr dueling pistols stored today?
a. The Hamilton Grange National Memorial in New York City
b. The Smithsonian Institute in Washington, D.C.
c. The JP Morgan Chase & Co. archives in New York City
d. Alexander Hamilton Museum on Nevis Island
8. How did Alexander Hamilton’s son, Philip, pass away?
a. During battle
b. In a duel
c. Drowned at sea
9. Which of Alexander Hamilton’s family members helped raise funds to construct the Washington Monument?
a. His daughter, Angelica
b. His son, Alexander Jr.
c. His wife, Eliza
d. His son, John
Answers will be revealed later today…. or head over to Google if you can’t wait.