Yield: 12 to 24
- 4 large eggs
- 1 2⁄3 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour one glass 9 x 13 inch pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; add to wet ingredients and mix thoroughly. Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes.Remove from oven and allow to cool.
For the frosting: Beat together the cream cheese, butter and confectioner’s sugar.
Evenly spread over bars after they have cooled.