Yield: 24 Servings/2 Dozen
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped assorted miniature candy bars (about 18)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup chopped assorted miniature candy bars (about 10)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 13×9-in. baking pan. In a microwave, melt butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Stir in sugar, cocoa and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, whisking to blend after each addition. Add flour and salt; stir just until combined. Stir in 1 cup candy bars.
- Spread into prepared pan. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in vanilla. Add egg; beat on low speed just until blended. Drop by tablespoonfuls over batter. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup candy bars.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until filling in center is almost set. Cool 1 hour in pan on a wire rack. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Cut into bars.
1 brownie: 282 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 233mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Candy Bar Cheesecake Brownies in Halloween Bookazine 2015 2015, p92