by Karene Donnay of Glencoe, Minnesota for Taste of Home
“This barbecue sauce is my own recipe that my whole family enjoys, especially my father. It’s a quick and easy recipe that can be made ahead and refrigerated or used immediately.” – K.D.
Yield: 1-1/3 cups (10 Servings)
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Serve with chicken or pork.
2 tablespoons: 37 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 124mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.