Daily Archives: July 1, 2017
July is Ice Cream Month
Adapted from Ina Garten’s recipe.
Easy Vanilla Ice CreamMakes 1 quart
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped
- Combine cream, milk, sugar and vanilla in a saucepan and heat until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean and stir in to the cream mixture just before removing from the heat.
- Pour into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator or in an ice bath until completely cool.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions. (If you don’t have an ice cream maker, check out this post from TheKitchn on how to make ice cream without one.)
- Store in an air tight container and freeze for an additional 2 hours.
For more recipes, click here at Real Simple.com