National Strawberry Parfait Day is observed annually on June 25.
Parfait is French for perfect. The traditional parfait is a dessert of ice cream or frozen custard layered in a tall glass stemmed glass with fruit and topped with whipped cream.
Today, the ice cream is often replaced with yogurt or pudding and additional layers of granola are added. Strawberries are in season during the month of June, so it is a good time for National Strawberry Parfait Day.
How to Observe? Enjoy a Strawberry Parfait today, of course!
- 2 pkgs. (3 oz.) strawberry Jello
- 2 c. water, boiled
- 2 pts. strawberries, sliced
- 2 pts. strawberry ice cream
- 1 pkg. unflavored gelatin (dissolved in 1/2 c. water)
- 3 drops red food coloring (opt.)
- Dissolve Jello in boiling water. Add gelatin already dissolved in 1/2 cup cold water. Cut in ice cream. Mix until ice cream is melted. Add food coloring, if so deserved.
- Refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes. Then remove from refrigerator, fold in strawberries. Pour in pie shell or dessert dishes.
- Celebrate and enjoy National Parfait Day!