Yield: 5 lbs. meat
- 5 lbs. rump roast (do not substitute for a different type of roast)
- Two (10 1/4 oz.) cans beef consommé (broth)
- One (1 oz.) package Good Seasonings Italian salad dressing mix
- Pepperoncini pepper (1/2-1 jars depending on level of spiciness)
- Giardiniera (1/2-1jars)
- 3 to 5 Sweet Green Peppers (according to size)
- 1 loaf long thin French bread
- Cook first 5 ingredients in a Crockpot on “Low” for 18 hours.
- Turn over at the 6th and 12th hour interval.
- At the 17th hour, cut sweet green peppers into 1/8ths lengths and slice on the side lengthwise.
- Pull roast apart with a fork. Using tongs, pile bread with meat and juice. (Do not let juice drain before putting on bread. The juice is half the taste of the sandwich.) Lay strips of green pepper on top of meat.
- Salt to taste.