Recipe by Taste of Home©
- 2 jars (12 ounces each) strawberry jelly
- 2 liters lemon-lime soda, divided
- 2 quarts peppermint stick ice cream
- Miniature candy canes, optional
- In a large saucepan, melt jelly with 2 cups soda. Chill the jelly mixture and remaining soda.
- Just before serving, place 6 cups ice cream in a punch bowl. Gently stir in jelly mixture. Add remaining soda. Add remaining ice cream by scoopfuls.
- Garnish with candy canes if desired.
1 cup: 270 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 73mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Candy Cane Punch in Crafting Traditions November/December 1999