Yield: 2 Servings
- 1 (5-ounce) tin tuna, drained
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Provolone cheese slices
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 slices sandwich bread, lightly toasted
- Dill pickle slices
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely grated Parmesan
- Evenly divide tuna between bread; season with salt and pepper. Top with a few slices of dill pickle and a slice or two of provolone.
- Stir together mayonnaise, Dijon, and Parmesan. Spread evenly over sandwiches. Broil until cheese melts and mayo puffs slightly and browns in places, 1 to 2 minutes.
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July/August 2017
Recipe by Taste of Home.com©
Yield: 12 Servings
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), quartered
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons cold water
- Place half of the onions in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with garlic and half of the beef. Top with remaining onion and beef. Combine coffee and soy sauce; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low until meat is tender, 9-10 hours.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Cover and cook on high until gravy is thickened, 30 minutes.
4 ounces cooked beef: 248 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 362mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.