Recipe by Better Homes & Gardens™
Yield: 1 cup Dip
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic
- One 15-ounce can Great Northern or cannellini (white kidney beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 to 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon snipped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Assorted vegetable dippers, such as sweet pepper strips, Belgian endive leaves, and/or blanched cauliflower and/or broccoli florets
- Fresh rosemary
- In a small saucepan heat oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic; cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until garlic is softened and starting to brown, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- In a food processor or blender combine beans, lemon juice, snipped rosemary, salt, pepper, and garlic mixture. Cover and process or blend until smooth. If desired, garnish dip with rosemary sprig. Serve with vegetable dippers.
To blanch cauliflower and/or broccoli, cook cauliflower and/or broccoli florets in a pot of boiling water for 1 to 2 minutes or until bright and crisp-tender; drain. Immediately transfer to a bowl of ice water to stop cooking; drain again.