Recipe by Better Homes & Garden™
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups watermelon juice*
- 1 ½ cups white grape juice
- 1 teaspoon shredded lemon peel
- 1 ½ cups assorted chopped fruit (such as peeled peaches, nectarines, pears, and/or green grapes)
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Mint leaves
- In a medium saucepan sprinkle gelatin over watermelon juice. Allow to stand 5 minutes. Cook and stir until gelatin is dissolved. Stir in grape juice and lemon peel.
- With a ladle or cup transfer half of the watermelon juice mixture to a 2-quart square baking dish. Cover and refrigerate about 1-1/2 hours, or until thickened to the texture of egg whites (keep remaining watermelon juice mixture at room temperature). Add fruit. Carefully spoon remaining watermelon juice over set mixture. Cover and refrigerate 1-1/2 hours more or until all layers are set.
- Top with feta and mint leaves before serving. Makes 9 servings.
*Process 6 cups cubed watermelon (about 3 1/2 pounds whole watermelon) in a food processor; strain to remove seeds and pulp.
Per Serving: 92 calories, (1 g saturated fat, 0 g polyunsaturated fat, 0 g monounsaturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 68 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 16 g sugar, 3 g protein.