Recipe by Taste of Home contributor Lisa Carter of Warren, Ind.
“My grandmother makes this smoky bacon and Parmesan spread for parties and holiday get-togethers. For a pretty yuletide presentation, decorate you cream cheese wreath with parsley and pimientos”. —Lisa Carter
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions, optional
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Parsley sprigs and diced pimientos, optional
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese and onions if desired. Stir in bacon. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Invert a small bowl in the center of a serving platter. Drop cream cheese mixture by rounded tablespoonfuls around edge of bowl. Remove bowl. Smooth cream cheese mixture, forming a wreath. Garnish with parsley and pimientos if desired.
- Serve with crackers.
2 tablespoons: 87 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 116mg sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Bacon Cheese Wreath in Country Woman Christmas 2002