Yield: 3 dozen/36 Servings
- 1 cup butter (or 2 full sticks), softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. pure peppermint extract
- 1 1/2 tsp. green food coloring
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt in a medium-size bowl. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, food coloring and mint extract; mix well.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto un-greased baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks and cool completely.
- Eat and Enjoy!