Appetizers are my favorite part of a meal and this Cranberry Brie is at the top of the list. It’s the perfect holiday appetizer for any parties on your calendar or your own holiday meals. Many times appetizers are an overlooked part of a meal but I love to fix a couple of really good…
Danny Kaye, Casey Kasem and Vincent Price voice the characters who live in April Valley in the Jules Bass/Arthur Rankin Jr. produced “Here Comes Peter Cottontail.”
Recipe by Better Homes & Gardens™
Yield: 6 large Martinis
- 5 c. watermelon cubes (rind and seeds removed)
- 3/4 c. lemon vodka
- 6 Tbsp. lime juice
- 3 Tbsp. Cointreau or triple sec
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- Place watermelon in blender. Cover; blend until smooth. Pour puree into a pitcher and keep very cold, even a little frozen to make it icy.
- For 2 martinis, add one cup of watermelon puree, 1/4 cup of lemon vodka, 2 tablespoons of lime juice, one tablespoon each of Cointreau and sugar to the blender with 3 to 6 ice cubes. Cover; blend until slushy.
Nutrition Facts: Per serving: 150 kcal, 0 g fat (0 g sat. fat, 0 g polyunsaturated fat, 0 g monounsaturated fat), 0 mg chol., 2 mg sodium, 20 g carb., 1 g fiber,14 g sugar,1 g pro.
Recipe by Betty Crocker™
Yield: 8 Servings
- 8 c. 1/2-inch cubes watermelon
- 1-1/2 c. ginger ale
- 1/3 c. water
- 1 can (6 oz.) frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- Place watermelon cubes in single layer in 1-gallon resealable freezer plastic bag; freeze 8 hours. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes.
- In blender, place half each of watermelon, ginger ale, water and limeade concentrate. Cover; blend on medium speed until smooth. Pour mixture into pitcher. Repeat with remaining ingredients; stir into mixture in pitcher. Serve immediately.
- Look for seedless watermelon in the produce department to save having to remove the seeds when cutting the watermelon into cubes.
- Garnish each cooler with a lime wedge and fresh mint leaves threaded on a fancy toothpick.
For Nutrition Information, click here.
Here are today’s five food finds about Shrimp: The pistol shrimp can deliver an explosive attack hotter than the surface of the sun and loud enough to rupture a human ear drum. Every shrimp is actually born male, and some develop into females. Some shrimp are actually capable of glowing in the dark. Shrimp can […]