Here are today’s five food finds about Shrimp: The pistol shrimp can deliver an explosive attack hotter than the surface of the sun and loud enough to rupture a human ear drum. Every shrimp is actually born male, and some develop into females. Some shrimp are actually capable of glowing in the dark. Shrimp can […]
Love the Autumn season? Enjoy the taste of pumpkin? Well, this adult beverage is for you!
Recipe by Lena Abraham
Yield: 10-12 Servings
- 1/2 gallon Apple Cider
- 2 cups Ginger Ale
- 1 can Pumpkin pie mix
- 1 cup Vanilla Vodka
- 2 cups whipped topping (i.e.: Cool Whip®)
- Pumpkin Pie spice for garnish
- Combine cider, ginger ale, pumpkin pie mix and vodka in a pitcher. Stir until fully combined.
- Pour into glasses, top with Cool Whip®, sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice, and serve.
Sunday, May 13, 2018 – Mother’s Day
Match these favorite TV moms with their TV show.
- Marion Cunningham a. The Brady Bunch
- Claire Huxtable b. Everybody Loves Raymond
- Carol Brady c. The Cosby Show
- Debra Barone d. Happy Days
Answers: 1.d 2.c 3.a 4.b
No trivia is too trivial. Beat the winter of the doldrums and pull out the trivia board game for a round or two.
- Some cats are allergic to humans.
- If your dog’s feet smell like corn chips, you’re not alone. The term “Frito Feet” was coined to describe the scent.
- Ingesting uncooked rice will NOT make a bird explode.
- Forty is the only number whose letters are in alphabetical order.
- The sum of all the numbers on a roulette wheel is 666.
Robert L. Franklin gives us 33 more facts for National Trivia Day. Here’s a sample below:
- Due to the placement of the voice box, human’s are biologically incapable of breathing and swallowing at the same time
- Scotland’s national animal is the unicorn.
- When written, the word “almost” is the longest word in the English language that has all of its letters in alphabetical order.
- he last execution by guillotine conducted in France was on September 10, 1977. For comparison, Star Wars: A New Hope was released in theaters four months prior.
- You are three times more likely to get a computer virus from a religious website than you are a pornographic one.
Fruit Salad Sailboat
A simple sail is all you need to transform a watermelon fruit salad into a seaworthy centerpiece.
Cut a triangle from ticking fabric and fold it in half over a dowel. Hot-glue the fabric along the dowel to secure and along the loose edges for a stiff sail.
Decorative Utensil Jars
Don’t bother setting the table — guests can grab what they need from these adorable, no-fuss utensil jars.
Simply decorate containers, like empty oatmeal canisters, by wrapping them with festive paper and securing with tape. Add an adhesive chalkboard label to send a fun message.
Roll and Wrap Place Setting
Make picnic prep a breeze with an all-in-one utensil holder and place mat. Fold the long end of a dish towel up until it becomes the size of a place mat.
Stitch or hot-glue the outer edges together. Insert utensils into the pocket, roll up, and tie with a separate ribbon.
Fair-Style Berry Cones
Use food to decorate the picnic table.
Form sturdy waxed paper into cones, securing with transparent tape. Fill each cone with blue or red berries to create a sweet treat and dazzling display all in one.