These tangy Asian-inspired nuggets go a long way. We eat them over noodles or rice, in sandwiches, even on top of lettuce and cabbage. —Darlene Brenden, Salem, Oregon for Taste of Home©
Yield: 4 Servings
- 16 ounces frozen popcorn chicken (about 4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- Bake popcorn chicken according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add carrots; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in orange peel, juice, hoisin sauce, sugar and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 4-6 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken to skillet; toss to coat. Serve with rice.
1 cup (calculated without rice): 450 calories, 20g fat (3g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 1294mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein.