Recipe by Better Homes and Gardens™
Yield: 4 cups or 16 Servings (1/4 c. per serving)
- 5-6 ripe avocados
- 1/4 c. snipped fresh cilantro
- 1-2 medium fresh jalapeño peppers, stemmed, seeded and minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped (optional)
- 2-3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3/4 -1 tsp. salt
Optional: Fresh cilantro, chopped tomato, chopped avocado and/or lime wedges
- Cut avocados in half. Scoop pulp into a bowl and slice into small diced pieces or mash with a fork or potato masher.
- Gently fold in cilantro, jalapeño peppers, and garlic. If desired, add onion and tomato. Add lime juice and salt to taste.
- Cover with plastic wrap, pressing wrap to the surface of the guacamole to prevent it from turning brown. Let it sit at least 30 minutes (or refrigerate up to 4 hours, then let stand at room temperature at least 15 minutes before serving.
- If desired, before serving, sprinkle with additional cilantro. Serve with sweet potato chips or tortilla chips.
Click here for additional instructions.
A Note From the BH&G™ Test Kitchen:
Because hot chile peppers, such as jalapenos, contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with chiles as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the chile peppers, wash your hands well with soap and water.
Nutrition Facts (Great Guacamole)
Per serving: 71 kcal,6 g fat, (1 g sat. fat,1 g polyunsaturated fat, 4 g monounsaturated fat), 0 mg chol., 113 mg. sodium, 4 g carb.,3 g fiber, 0 g sugar, 1 g pro.