May 21st, 2014. Bread, Very Rich Challah Bread Recipe.
by Khozam Julia
“This day we would give about Very Rich Challah Bread Recipe for you, I guess this is an enchanting hairstyles model with wonderful inspiration so you will obtain a lot of new ideas for your hairstyles. You can also apply those ideas quickly by seeing these pictures, the details of each design can be used for your demand.
Challah bread recipe in this post is for decadent and very rich. It is the best challah that you perhaps will love. The ingredients I give to you today will help you to make 2 large loaves. This recipe is ready for about 2 1/2 hours.”
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 1/4 cups warm water
- 2 1/4 teaspoons: active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons: salt
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 5 c. unbleached flour and add more if necessary
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
Keep in mind that you can use 20 minutes for preparation and 30 minutes for cooking.
- Use large mixing bowl to dissolve the honey in water and stir in yeast. Set it aside so the yeast is creamy on the top for about 15 minutes. Stir in 2/3 cup of olive oil, salt and also beaten eggs before adding 1 cup of flour at the time so the dough is not sticky.
- Place the dough to floured surface and until smooth yet elastic you have to knead and it will need10 minutes to do. Oil a bowl to place the dough in and turn it for few times to the oil. Let it rise so doubled in draft free place but warm enough for 90 minutes.
- Make loaves: punch the dough down and cut to equal size. Cut the first to 4 equal parts and set the second under the cloth to avoid drying out when you make the first loaf.
- Roll 4 dough pieces to braid the first 4-strand loaf in thin rope with the length 14 inches. Pinch the top for 4 ropes together. Make under-2 over-1 braid and take left-most ropes. Move to the right underneath the 2 ropes and move to left cross back over the strand directly to the left. It should be in far right strand and then move to left and cross for under the two strands. Move right to cross back through the strand and directly go to the right. Repeat doing the strands so it is braided together. Allow the braided loaves to rise in 1 hour.
- Preheat to oven for 350 degrees F and take parchment paper to line the baking sheets.
- Whisk together with milk to make glaze, add 2 tablespoons olive oil, sugar and egg white in bowl. Use glaze to brush the braided loaves. Spend 30 minutes to bake the loaves for challah bread recipe.