Recipe by Better Homes and Gardens™
Yield: 5 3/4 cups plus topper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 medium white onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 cups fresh corn kernels (cut from 10 ears), cobs halved and reserved
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- One 7-ounce carton plain whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup panko
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill weed
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- For soup: In a 4- to 5-qt. pot melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until softened. Add 4 cups corn kernels; cook 1 minute. Add reserved cobs and the chicken broth. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Cool 20 minutes. Discard cobs. Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth. Strain through a fine- mesh sieve into a bowl, pressing solids. Discard solids. Stir in salt. Chill, covered, at least 4 hours. Whisk yogurt into soup until smooth.
- For topper: In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Add remaining 1 cup corn and the panko; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until browned. Top soup with corn-panko mixture, feta, dill, and zest.
Per Serving: 340 calories, (6 g saturated fat, 1 g polyunsaturated fat, 5 g monounsaturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 991 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrates, 5 g fiber, 17 g sugar, 16 g protein.