Yield: 1 Serving
- 2 cups red wine
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp. dried basil
- 1 pound butter (room temperature)
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 (16-oz.) New York strip steak
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Combine red wine, garlic, oregano, and basil in a medium saucepan. Reduce over high heat until wine is just about evaporated. Add reduced wine mixture to butter. Add Worcestershire sauce and parsley and mix until well combined. Refrigerate butter mixture for 5 minutes to harden slightly. After butter mixture has hardened slightly, spread mixture over waxed paper and roll into a log. Chill. After butter sets in log, cut into 1-inch thick medallions to top steak.
- Meanwhile, season steak with salt and pepper. Grill to your desired degree of doneness. Remove from the heat and let rest for 5 minutes. Top steak with a medallion of seasoned butter and serve.