Recipe by Better Homes & Gardens™
Yield: 8 Servings; Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- 5 c. cubed, seeded watermelon
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. cranberry juice
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- Watermelon wedges (optional)
- Place watermelon cubes in a blender or food processor. Cover and blend or process until smooth. (You should have about 3 cups of watermelon mixture.) Stir in sugar.
- In a small saucepan combine the cranberry juice and gelatin. Let mixture stands for 5 minutes. Stir mixture over low heat until gelatin is dissolved.
- Stir the gelatin mixture into the melon mixture. Pour into an 8x8x2-inch baking pan. Cover and freeze about 3 hours or until firm.
- Break up frozen mixture and place in a chilled mixer bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until mixture is fluffy. Return to pan. Cover and freeze about 1 to 2 hours more or until firm.
- To serve, let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes before scooping. Serve with watermelon wedges, if desired.
Nutrition Facts: Per serving: 83 kcal, 3 mg sodium, 20 g carb., 1 g pro.