National Pizza Day is on February 9th of every year. How are you going to celebrate?
Yield: Serves 6
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄4teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Add ingredients (except for cornmeal) to machine bread pan in order as per manufacturer’s instructions.
- Set to “Dough” cycle.
- Lightly grease one 9 x 13-inch pan and sprinkle with cornmeal.
- When the dough cycle is complete, roll out dough and place in pan.
- Let rest in pans for 10-15 minutes.
- Add toppings of your choice.
- Bake at 350°F until done (approximately 20 minutes, depending on the thickness of toppings).
If you want to have square pieces, bake your pizza in 9 x 16 rectangular pans instead of the round pizza pan.
Also, the original recipe called for 1/2tsp. msg (monosodium glutamate)/ (Accent®)