Yield: 5 cups or 20 servings
- 6 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- Tortilla chips
Tip: Wear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
- Grill corn, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.
- Cut corn from cobs. In a large skillet, saute the onion and jalapeno in butter for 2-3 minutes or until almost tender. Add corn and garlic; saute 1-2 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream and chili powder. Stir in cheese and corn mixture. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
- Sprinkle with olives and green onions; serve with chips.