Yield: 16 servings
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Chips
- Frosting (optional)
- Ice cream (optional)
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line two 9-inch round baking pans with foil.
2. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add egg; beat well. Stir together flour and baking soda; add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Stir in milk chocolate chips. Spread half of batter into each prepared pan, spreading to 1-inch from edge. (Cookies will spread to edge when baking.)
3. Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely; carefully lift cookies from pan and remove foil. Frost, if desired. Cut each cookie into 8 wedges; serve topped with scoop of ice cream, if desired.