Yield: 1/4 cup each or 16 Servings
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded jalapeno peppers
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- Tortilla chips
In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 10 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through. Serve with chips.
Editor’s Note: Wear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
1/4 cup (calculated without chips) equals 153 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 205 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Originally published as Jalapeno Spinach Dip in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2013, p85