Recipe by Kelly McNelis /The Family Freezer©
- 2-pound boneless pork roast
- 28oz can diced tomatoes, undrained (You can sub 6 medium-sized tomatoes, cored, seeds and juiced removed, and chopped – about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional (Add salt if using fresh tomatoes and want to bring out the flavor)
Combine all ingredients in crockpot and cook on “low” setting for 6 hours in a 6-quart crockpot or 8-10 hours in a 4-quart crockpot.
To Freeze and Cook Later –
Label a gallon-sized freezer bag with the name of the recipe, cooking instructions, and “use-by” date (which should be three months from when you prepped the meal). Add all ingredients to freezer bag, seal, and freeze. When ready to eat, thaw overnight in refrigerator or in water. Cook on low setting for 6 hours in a 6-quart crockpot or 8-10 hours in a 4-quart crockpot.
Serve over spaghetti with a side of broccoli or green beans.