Yield: 10 Servings
- 9 small red potatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 small yellow summer squash, quartered and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 small zucchini, quartered and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 6 radishes, quartered
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, toss potatoes with oil, salt and pepper. Transfer to a shallow roasting pan. Bake 15 minutes.
- In same bowl, combine remaining ingredients; add to pan. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
3/4 cup equals 90 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 131 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Oven-Roasted Spring Vegetable Medley in Taste of Home’s Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p167