Yield: 48 Servings/4 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1-1/4 cups chunky peanut butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 Butterfinger candy bars (2.1 ounces each), chopped
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg whites. Beat in peanut butter and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in candy bars.
- Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls and place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
1 each: 96 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 83mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Butterfinger Cookies in Taste of Home June/July 1998, p67