Yield: 8 Servings
- 2 pounds boneless pork sirloin roast
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried minced garlic
- 3 cups root beer, divided
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 8 kaiser rolls, split
- Place roast in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add the onion, garlic and 1 cup root beer. Cover and cook on low for 9-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- In a small saucepan, combine the chili sauce, hot pepper sauce and remaining root beer. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove meat from slow cooker; cool slightly. Discard cooking juices. Shred pork with two forks and return to slow cooker. Stir in barbecue sauce. Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve on rolls.
Originally published as Pork Sandwiches with Root Beer Barbecue Sauce in Simple & Delicious
- Photo by BHG.com™
Yield: 6 Servings
Slow Cook: 10 to 12 hours (low) or 5 to 6 hours (high)
- 2 pound boneless beef chuck pot roast
- 15 ounce can chili beans in chili gravy
- 11 ounce can whole kernel corn with sweet peppers, drained
- 10 ounce can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 teaspoons finely chopped canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
Nutrition Facts (Cowboy Beef)
- Trim fat from meat. If necessary, cut meat to fit into a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Place meat in the cooker. In a medium bowl combine chili beans in gravy, corn, tomatoes and chiles, and chipotle pepper. Pour mixture over meat.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or on high-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours.
- Transfer meat to a cutting board. Slice meat; arrange in a shallow serving dish. Using a slotted spoon, spoon bean mixture over meat. Drizzle with enough of the cooking liquid to moisten.
Per serving: 307 kcal cal., 7 g fat (2 g sat. fat, 89 mg chol., 655 mg sodium, 23 g carb., 5 g fiber, 37 g pro.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet