Yield: 20 to 24 cheese bites
- One 8-oz. package cream cheese
- 11⁄2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese 1⁄2 tsp. onion powder
- 1⁄8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese Round crackers for serving
- Black peppercorns
- 20 to 24 whole cashews
- In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, cheddar cheese, onion powder and garlic powder with an electric mixer. Chill in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Spread shredded Parmesan in a shallow bowl or pan.
- Remove cheese mixture from refrigerator. Scoop about 1⁄2 tablespoon of cheese mixture into your clean hands and form a ball. Roll the ball in the Parmesan. Shape ball into a slight oval, and place atop a cracker. Add a cashew beak and 2 black peppercorns for eyes. Continue until you’ve run out of the cheese mixture.