Here’s a little recipe from Martha Stewart that should soothe the throat and relax the nerves. A cup of tea helps any situation, right?
Yield: 1 Quart
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Peel (without pith) of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Pinch of cayenne
- Bring the ingredients to a boil in a saucepan.
- Remove from heat; steep, covered, until the liquid cools to room temperature.
- Strain and reheat to serve.
The brews can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.